Friday, July 31, 2015

Card Design: Jars of Christmas Cheer

Hello everyone!  Lisa D. popping in on this Friday afternoon to share my final card for the month!  I'm not sure about where you are but boy is it hot where I am.  We've been experiencing quite the heat wave this week in Ontario, Canada.  I hope you are keeping cool if you too, happen to be in a hot zone!  

If you have been with us over the course of this past month, you know that a big focus of it has been on celebrating the theme 'Christmas in July', which means I get to add a few extra cards to my Christmas Card Pot. 

This time around I have used goodies from one of Kris' older sets.  If you have been part of the Digi of the Month Challenge, you will recognize the set from last year.  This time around I wanted to do something a little bit different so I thought outside of the box--well outside the square actually--and came up with a card I am pretty pleased with!

I looked through the sets that I had and decided that the Jars of Cheers set would be perfect for what I wanted to accomplish.  I just love this set as it has so many different options.  So far I have used it for an anniversary card for my parents where I took the jar with the empty notes and added words that had to do with a successful relationship.  Words like love, commitment, patience, communication, etc.  Given that my parents have been married for over 52 years, I thought that appropriate.  I have also used it for a Christmas card earlier this past year and decided to go the Christmas route with it for this creation as well but I know I will be using this set again and again.  Just check out all the different kinds  of goodies available in it...

http://www.imaginethatdigistamp.com/store/p287/Jars_of_Cheer.html

...and here is the card I came up with...
...with a closer look at the front...

For all the details of this particular creation, I invite you to visit my original post by clicking HERE.

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend wherever you may be in this wonderful world of ours!  Happy crafting until we meet again!



3 comments:

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Hi Lisa,

deine Gestaltung gefällt mir sehr gut. Eine tolle Idee das Glas als Karte zu gestalten. Ich bin ganz begeistert.
Hier in Deutschland ist es nicht mehr so heiß. Es sind angenehme 25° Grad. Es soll aber auch wieder bis auf 34° Grad klettern. Das ist mir auch zu heiß. Hugs Silvi

monique said...

beautiful

Helen said...

A really clever idea, Lisa - looks so good!

Helen x