Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Double Diamond Fold Koala Card

Hi and happy Wednesday!!  Kris here, sharing a fancy fold card that I saw in the Splitcoast Stampers Newsletter once and haven't had a chance to try it until now.  You can find instructions on their site here

 This is actually a thank you card for my mom -- I was sure when I planned my whole card that my die with phrases had a "Thanks" sentiment but it didn't, so I opted for "hello" and wrote my thank you note on the back panel :)   The two Koala images are from my Koala digi set, here.


Below is a pic of the card closed.  I punched a couple small holes on each inner point of the bigger diamonds and ran a piece of polka-dotted ribbon to hold it together.  The overall dimensions of this card I believe were 7" x 6" so I did not have an envelope so I used my We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board and it was a perfect fit! 

And since it has a heart border inside, this would totally work for our February Challenge here on our blog!  Come "SHOW US YOUR HEART"   :) 


and don't forget, you have until 3 p.m. (PST) tomorrow, THURSDAY  to leave a comment on one of our New Release Giveaway posts for a chance to win one of our new releases!!

5 comments:

Linda Anderson said...

Wow Kris, this is amazing!!!!!

Chrissy said...

Fabulous fold Kris and love the papers, colours and cute koalas..I'm sure your Mum will love it.

luv CHRISSYxx

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Holy Lord love a duck! This is absolutely incredible Kris! I can't even imagine the time that went in to creating something this beautiful. I'm sure your mom will treasure it!

Lisa Lynn said...

Kris this is just a wonderful layout. I'm sure your Mom will love it.

monique said...

beautyful card