Monday, October 9, 2017

NEW 3D Decoupage/Paper Tole - Pop Out Swing Card

Hello again!  This is my 2nd post for today.... you will definitely want to check out our first post for a Tutorial on these new 3D kits and a FREE Kit!!

My card features the "Ellie's Pumpkin 3D" kit.


Isn't this kit adorable?!!!   Ellie's Pumpkin digistamp set was the most popular of my latest Ellie release, and this 3D kit comes with extra li'l images (ie. butterflies, flowers, scene) that you won't get in the digistamp set (although it does come with the outline digi, which this kit does not). Hazel really does a beautiful job creating these kits!  

Here is my first time trying the paper tole kits using "Ellie's Pumpkin 3d"

I saw a tutorial on this Pop Out Swing Card on Amanda's blog here & had to try it. 

These pieces would be super quick and easy to cut with a cutting machine (ie. Cricut, Cameo, Silhouette, Scan n' Cut etc) which I do not have, so I opted to hand cut each piece with scissors. 

When cutting them out, I also put the # by it so I know which order they are meant to be layered. 


Here she is all layered with pop dots!

TIP: 
It's BEST to go around every piece with a Grey or black felt marker (alcohol based) which I could not find my Memento marker, because, well look here, you can see all the white edges.... the black would just give it a much nicer finished edge.  


Next, I made my card base with the swing out mechanism.... 

I used textured white cardstock for all the 3d pieces, front layer and clouds, and designer paper for grass and border.  I sponged the front white panel with teal so the clouds would pop :)  I also added dimensional tape to the back of Ellie's Pumpkin Costume for "extra" dimension (like she needed it right?) 


I ♥ this card fold - so cute and different.

I'm normally the type to put out all the dies and add flourishes and flowers, but since the border on front was so thin, and I couldn't have anything hanging over towards the middle opening, or it would get in the way of the swinging panel.... I let the Ellie be the focus :) 

Hazel created this card idea so you can see how to use the papers and images in this kit 



Again, you can find this 3d kit and more at my shop HERE.  This is a brand new category, so check back as we'll be adding more kits in the near future! 

Tomorrow we will showcase TWO more 3d Kits!
Hope to see you then :)    



3 comments:

Silvis Kreativstube said...

Hallo liebe Kristy,
wow, das ist ja genial mit den 3D Sets. Die Karten gefallen mir alles sehr gut. Besonders die Karte mit dem Dreheffekt finde ich Klasse. Ein absoluter Hingucker.
Ganz liebe Grüße herzlichst Silvi

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Awesome job! Your card turned out beautiful!

Lisa D.

monique said...

great